Re: [FWDLK] armrests

deane.allinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I am needing to get my front armrests recovered on my 60 dodge. The arms
are
  moulded foam covered with grey heat seamed vinyl. The only
 people that I have found to do it are "Just Dashes" in CA. They want
 $80 each, am I just tight or is this reasonable? Has anybody tried restoring
 these themselves or have another "good" source?

I had my drivers armrest repaired here in Connecticut and it was about that
price too.  It takes several coats and tries to get the color and/or texture
right.   For the best results it does pay to go to the best.   In the greater
Hartford area,  look up a Company called "Color-Tek".  They are the best
around here.  But like most of those guys, add about 3 weeks to whatever time
they promise it will be done by!

Dave
'61 Fury Sport Suburban