Re: [FWDLK] Time for a Brake Overhaul

Mr. Whitman- after owning Mopars for many years I can relate to your brake
lite problem. Those brake fluid operated switches are prone to failure
being mounted below the resorvoir, any sediment present accumulates in
there. They are still available from Filco and would probably solve the
problem for awhile. Or you can do what I've done. After replacing that
switch numerous times I decided to eliminate it. The 2 wires that go to it
can be re-routed back up under the dash and connected to a conventional
pedal activated switch which can be obtained from a later model car. 61'
was the last year Chrysler used the hydraulic switch so I looked for a 62'
or later  model to scavenge. What a surprise when I went to install it on
my 61' Newport and found a threaded hole right where it was supposed to go!
Just install and adjust.  If you do take this route, you could leave the
old switch in place with dummy wires to look original or replace the entire
M. Cyl. with a later 62-65 unit which will be the same except without the
hole on the underside.....Good Luck    .....S. LOUTHAN
                        61 Newport
                                62 Buick Hearse
                                        68 Barracuda
                                                        69 Barracuda