[FWDLK] Brake Light switches

Amen on elimination of hydraulic brake lite switch.
On several past cars simply went to radio supply store (dont recall if Radio
Shack had em) and got a universal Normally closed (most are normally open)
pushbutton type switch- metal/bakelite kind NOT the cheap all plastic ones-
check amperage rating.   Fabricated a little bracket and set it up underneath
dash at the pedal so it would actuate as soon as I pressed the pedal.
VOILA
no more problems
Currently my 'new' 41 2 dr sits in garage since NO brake lites.  and has a
hydraulic switch. Note I added 6v halogen stop/turn bulbs so I assume their
current draw burned out that old switch.  Of course replacement will be a NO
switch as above.
L.