[FWDLK] Hi Way Hi Fi ??????

At a recent car show, an old couple approached my car and said they had an old radio and record player that would fit in my car.  Naturally, I thought two things. . . First, I thought, that would have to be a Hi Way Hi Fi!!!  Second thought was, yeah right, sure they have one - just like the twenty guys today who all said they used to have a '57 Fury just like mine, only blue or something.

Well, they called me at home, so I went to look at their radio.  Turns out, it's not a "Hi Way Hi Fi" per se, but it may be the next best thing.  The lady says she used to have a '59 Plymouth convertible, and it went to the demolition derby 20 years ago.  But before signing the car's death warrant, someone told her the radio was worth a lot of money, so she pulled it out and has been saving it.  Now, she wants to sell it to me.

Here are the details on the radio:  I could not find the DPCD emblem or a Chrysler part number, but it is a MoPar model 101 radio, and it says "P L Y M O U T H" on the face.  On the bottom are the numbers 15D563240.  On the left side are two sets of numbers -   05MP  123594    and    Serial number   VH  013   38.

The record player plugs into the right side of the radio via a cable with a four pronged plug.  On the right side of the face of the record player it says RCA VICTOR.  Below that and centered is the RCA emblem.  The lady says it plays standard 45 rpm records, unlike the Hi Way Hi Fi.  The record holder is a "floating" mechanism that hangs down from the top of the inside of the record player, it looks like it would hold about 10 or so records at a time.  The entire radio/record player unit looks to be in excellent condition, just a little dusty inside the record player.

Does this indeed sound like it goes to a '59 Plymouth (I'm inclined to believe yes)??  Is it worth as much as a Hi Way Hi Fi??  If I buy this thing, would someone like to trade it for a '57 era Hi Way Hi Fi??  The radio is much different than a standard '57 radio, and with the adapter plug for the record player, making the unit fit into my '57 seems inplausible.  Hopefully I can at least get some more information on this.  Thanks everyone. . .

Mark  mjh
'57 Fury