Re: [FWDLK] Hi Way Hi Fi ??????

I believe that this is the RCA version of the Mopar Highway HiFi from
about 1960 or so.  RCA manufactured the 45 rpm Chrysler units; Columbia
(CBS) did the (more sophisticated) earlier 16 2/3 rpm units.

about each type of player.

Somewhere in the clutter I have a Mopar sales sheet about the RCA unit;
as soon as I find it (and the Center Plane brake information I promised
someone else), I'll forward a scan along.

In the mean time, please send me and Columbia units or records you might
find that you don't want <g>.  My white '56 Imperial has this unhealthy
empty space under the dash, and needs the flashing chrome of a Highway
HiFi to feel good about herself.

Henry

> The record player plugs into the right side of the radio via a cable with a
 four pronged plug.  On the right side of the face of the record player it says
 RCA VICTOR.  Below that and centered is the RCA emblem.  The lady says it plays
 standard 45 rpm records, unlike the Hi Way Hi Fi.  The record holder is a
 "floating" mechanism that hangs down from the top of the inside of the record
 player, it looks like it would hold about 10 or so records at a time.  The
 entire radio/record player unit looks