[FWDLK] Factory Build Sheets from Chrysler Historical Colle

[FWDLK] Factory Build Sheets from Chrysler Historical Collection/Foundation

Forward Look folks,

        I don't know if this information has gotten to this meeting. If it has,
just delete this note.

        I have sitting in front of me, for which I paid $35, the 'build sheet'
or as it is officially titled the 'Service Car Record' for my 42 De Soto
Fifth Avenue Sedan. I got it from the Chrysler Historical
Collection/Foundation.

        Somewhere in the 25 years or so that I've been a De Soto addict, I had
been told that there were no factory records for 40s era De Sotos.
Somebody found some somewhere. I got this lead from the Chrysler meeting
at the Classic Car Source webpage.
        It is a copy of an older photocopy of a 3x5 or 5x8 card. I'm still
trying to decipher it as it isn't a real clear copy job. It doesn't have
all the information boxes filled out, but it at least tells me when it
came off the line and where it was shipped to.
        The cost is $35. Make your check or money order payable to Chrysler
Motors and send it to

        Chrysler Historical Collection
        CIMS 410-11-21
        12501 Chrysler Freeway
        Detroit, MI 48288

Send your seriel number (VIN) and your engine number if you have one. It
took about a month to get it. I'd be interested in how helpful this is
and what kind of information you guys with late 50s early 60s Mopars
get.

PS this is the same place to write if you're looking for factory photos.
The going cost is $10 and $2 for postage for an 8x10 black & white
glossy.

De Sotoly,

Ed