Re: [FWDLK] Exhasut help needed again.

Sperduto, Nick wrote:

> I posted a question awhile ago about my 56 Plymouth 6 cyl exhaust
> leaking where the pipe mounts to the manifold.
> anyway, the exahsut shop did a nice job and installed an exhaust donut
> that the top part extends into the exhaust manifold.
> Now after fixing that leak finally.
> I find the gasket is leaking between the intake and exhasyt manifolds
> and my exhaut manifold is cracked.
> Can a cast iron manifold be welded. Or do I have to get another one.
> anybody have one.
> Problem is I am using this car in my wedding which is why I have been
> seriously trying to fix the exhaust leak instead of driving it noisy.
>
> BTW, the wedding is October 3rd. Nothing like a last minute rush.
>
> Nick
I have used good used manifold $90 plus shipping. keep in mind that
plymouth and doge manifolds seperate by bolts that thread into th intake
and are very hard to remove without breaking off. this would mean you
would need both halves. try to seperate them, first before you go
nuts.youll also need a new manifold gasket set $19.50.  good luck and
congratulations!
mike hershenfeld
ph/fax 516-781-PART
mikesmopar@xxxxxxxx