Re: [FWDLK] '55 Plymouth shocks

Phil Patterson writes: 25$ per shock isn't too bad. You could probably find
them cheaper, but they often wear out way too soon. And unless the car is used
everyday, one set of shocks should last for the average length of  car use or
ownership. If you can determine the extended and contracted length of the shock
and what ends are used for attachement, hoop ends are fairly typical on the
rear, with a stud on the top of the shock for the front shocks, you should be
able to find a shock that works. I used rear air shocks for a 74 Valiant on my
old 54 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe for example. The springs were weak and needed
the help not to sag. This advice is not for a restored show car where factory
correctness is mandatory, but should work fine on a everyday or part time
cruising car. And a good counter man should be able to cross reference the
shock numbers for your car and find something that will fit. But sometimes the
good counter man is the hardest part to find of all,lol! Good luck and tell us
how your shock project works out when finished.