[FWDLK] Awards

Hi All,

Just another one of those ideas I had...

It's the people on this list that make it such a valuable tool as well
as a fun community.  Everyone who helps someone else thus really
deserves -all- of our thanks.

That's where the awards come in.  I'd like to do a bi-monthly award to
recognize those who deserve a round of applause for their special
efforts.  The first recipient will be receiving his award at Chryslers
at Carlisle (his name will be announced later).  And there are several
'back' awards that need to go out, too.

Towards the end of every other month or so, I'm going to ask for
nominations based on any of the following: (oh, yeah, and I need y'all
to think up some names for the awards themselves, too.)

1)  [Name] Award:
For going out of their way to help another list member.  This person may
have checked out a car for you, scrounged around on your behalf for that
impossible-to-find part, or just given that bit of encouragement you
needed to pull you through a hard task.

2)  [Name] Award:
This person is a tech wizard.  You had an impossible problem that he/she
helped you to solve.

3)  [Name] Award:
This award is for visibility & spirit.  This person helped the Forward
Look to shine through submissions to/layouts in magazines, organizing
Forward Look events/clubs/cruises, placing high in a local/national
show, develops some great web content, or who generally just gets out
and preaches the gospel of the Forward Look to anyone who will listen.

4)  The Virgil Exner Award:
A yearly award, voted on by list members, awarded to that person who
best displays the qualities mentioned above.

For now, I'll look through the entries and pick a winner, but it would
be nice if a couple of other 'judges' could step up to help out...

So... if you have:
- a nomination for awards 1-3,
- a potential name for awards 1-3
- any desire to be a judge,

Drop me a line with the details, and we'll get the ball rolling.  Or,
should I say get the MoPar rolling?  (heheheh.  I can never resist a bad
pun).

-Dave

|              THE FORWARD LOOK NETWORK               |
|  For owners and enthusiasts of all 1955-1961 MoPars |
|             http://www.ForwardLook.Net              |