[FWDLK] Engine Cleaner via gas additive

A buddy of mine from England says he used to use a product over there called
Redex (Red-x, Reddex, something like that) to clean out the engine.  You
could add it to the gas tank or put it directly in the carb.  He said they
used to pull the sparkplugs and pour some in there too.

He says the car would smoke a ton for a short period and then it would be
all cleared out.  Has anyone heard of anything along this line?  He
mentioned it to me because the 55 smokes a fair amount!

See ya,  Joe.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5768
55 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr Club Coupe V8 Auto Red/WHITE Sport Tone.
http://www.infopage.com/plymouth/