[FWDLK] 56 Imperial Problem

                  i haven't been on here for a while but i like all the info
that everyone gives, so heres a problem i've been having for the last three
months.  i've been driving my 56 imperial a lot lately but every few weeks it
just cuts out. last month i put over 500 miles on with no problems. thursday
night i headed for my club meeting and it cut out about 10 miles from home so
i turned around and had a heck iof a time with it it finally died a block
from home. i waited about 15 minutes and it started right up . but would only
run for a short distance. i replaced the coil and the ballast resistor,
theres gas to the carb. it has done this three times in three months and acts
up about the same distance. there is no missing till it cuts out. it happened
one night in town about 30miles away and i had to leave it till morning, in
the morning i drove it home untill a block from home and it stopped. i sure
could use some help on this, i'm afraid to go anywhere with it. i can't
figure it out.  on an up note i just bought a 60 dodge polara 4dr thats been
siting in a shed since 1973. has a 383 4bbl. stokie