[FWDLK] Cooling w/alcohol

Hi 'Lookers,
    About the 160 thermostat... I recently read in an old Motors manual
that 160 stats tended to be for cars running alcohol based coolant, while
cars running glycol based coolant were recomended to go with 180 stats.
Various car's stat charts had different listings based on the coolant used.
I have no idea if this is relevant to the recent posts, but I am curious to
see what feedback this tidbit generates.
-Eli