[FWDLK] more tires stuff

Think part of the reason I enjoy  driving my 41 is you gotta DRIVE it.
I must 'ride the groove' on 2 laners, i.e., steer to the up side of the
pavement groove to minimize wandering.  As long as I do that, i find little
problem in my BFG wide whites (but narrow tread) .
But as far as stopping, you had better pray!   They are terrible in the dry
and would hate to try it in the damp.
I partly enjoy driving the 41 cause it DOES handle different than modern cars
with radials....  This is in part to the soft suspension.  I just put modern
gas shox all 4 corners and it is not quite as pleasant with that traditional
soft ride, but is still on a par with much later cars.
Further FYI in the history dept, the front end of  pre WWII cars had the
front shox connecting the upper and lower A arms, and NOT the lower A arm and
the frame, meaning the spring does more bouncing.  My 56 of course has the
shock upper end attached to the body/frame as do most cars, meaning the shock
controls the ride more.
L.