Re: [FWDLK] West Coast F-L List Get-Together

Re: [FWDLK] West Coast F-L List Get-Together

Just to add to Roger's idea, certainly this would be open to anyone in the group, but West Coasters aren't the only ones this idea is intended for.  I'm pointing this comment mainly towards the folks in the Rockies and Midwest who, like many of us in the far west, rarely get to experience shows like Hershey and Carlisle.  And you East Coasters and overseas people are obviously welcome too. . .
but there has to be some relatively substantial interest for this to work.
Mark   mjh

Some time ago, someone mentioned having some regional get-togethers.  It's probably too late for this year, but maybe for next summer we could have a west coast meet.  I propose Grants Pass, Oregon for several reasons.  [1] It's about 1/2 way between So.Cal. and British Columbia. [2] It's a nice clean little town with things for spouses and other non-car people to do [3] there are some good, inexpensive motels with riverfront settings, meeting rooms, etc. [4] it's a car town, lots of restored cars and rods [5] there is an authentic drive-in for a cruise-in and a '50's restaurant for a dinner/dance [6] there are local car people who could help

Mark Hash said he'd help.  It seems that we have people all the way from BC to California.  Is there any interest out there?  What would be the best time, early summer or late?  Comments?

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, Washougal, WA