From: John Lazenby <john@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler 300 Club e-mail <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 8:42 AM
Subject: [300] 300 B DERHAM

Regarding the question about the 300B that was seen at concours recently I can offer the following.  I should state that I haven't been able to locate all of my records on these vehicles so I'm going somewhat from memory.  If anyone has more info on these two vehicles I would appreciate learning it.

The Derham company of Rosemont, Pa. modified a '56 300 B and also a '57 300C.  Derham's work for Chrysler consisted mostly of modifications on Imperials either in normal sedan form or limos.  It is my understanding that both cars are located in the northwest area of the USA.  The '56 had the badges and side stainless removed.  Also there was some sort of nylon top added.  There was nothing special about the drivetrain according to my records.

The '57 had similar treatments along with Stewart Warner gauges replacing the factory units.  If memory serves me this car has a white covered top and the '56 is done in black.  I tried to put my hands on some photos I have of both vehicles, but couldn't locate them last night.

If anyone wants more info on the '57 contact Wayne Graefen as I'm sure he will be able to assist.

300ly,

John Lazenby