From: Roger Howard <rhoward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 1999 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Chrome colosseums

According to the Standard Catalog of American Cars---------            the
1961 Desoto came only as 2 dr hardtops and 4dr hardtops. Marko reports  he
recently saw  two Desoto Diplomat station wagons - a 1960 and a 1961.  I do
not know much about the Diplomat model, since the Diplomat name was used
only for Canadian and export models.   Can anyone shed any light on this
mystery?    I know someone in Scandinavia put a 61 Desoto front clip on a 61
Chrysler and passes  it off as a 61 Desoto convertible-even got  written up
in a magazine.