Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Plymouth snap together model kit is out now

Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Plymouth snap together model kit is out now

Phil Patterson writes: AMT/ERTL has released a 58 custom Plymouth snap
together model kit. While the car is not stock and is very simple, there
are few enough Forward Look models available that we should'nt overlook
any. The kit number is #30007 and is called the SnapfastSlammers Street
Fury. It is molded in red with chrome accesories, late model style custom
rims and very low profile tires. There is a black insert to take the place
of the glass, this kit is a "slammer" style model which means no interior.
The body proportions seem correct and they did a nice job of painting all
silver trim at the factory. One major flaw, at least from my Forward
Looking viewpoint, is the non stock front and rear bumper treatment. It is
more along the lines of a molded in spoiler and bumper in body color,
instead of a seperate chrome bumper for the front and rear. The worse flaw
in the kit though is the hole in the hood for the supercharger insert. You
may be able to swap parts from an old promo but you will have to fill the
hood to make it correct. I am going to build one straight from the box,
because it doesn't look too bad, a lot better then the Ford Ranger snap kit
they did in the same series. The other I will try to install an interior
and engine in and hope I got enough bits in the parts box to make it
presentable. If you want a totally stock 58 Plymouth, then you have got
your work cut out for you. But I am hoping this kit sells well and AMT/ERTL
as well as the other model manufacturers will see fit to release more
Forward Look Mopars, some of the most beautiful and definetly over looked
cars of the 50's. I may be a bit prejudiced there though. : )     It will
look nice setting next to my 57 Chrysler 300-C I got from Danbury Mint and
definetly cost a lot less. . PS: If you want to see them build one Forward
Look car as a model, which would you choose? Even though I own a Chrysler
Saratoga and Windsor, a full detail kit of a 57 or 58 Plymouth Fury would
be my choice. But I would also be happy with a simple Plaza 4 door sedan,
at this point I think I would be happy with anything except yet one more
Camaro model,lol!