[FWDLK] Springy Things, Revisited

Hi, List...

I cured my spring problem all those years ago by swapping the rear springs
from my car with another car that was being traded in.  I THOUGHT that it was
a 1958, but I've since heard that the 1958 springs were longer by 4".
Perhaps it was a late 1957.
I think the ones I put on had an extra leaf in them.  Perhaps modern air
shocks would help you.

I will never forget the day I changed the springs.  I put on every bit of
clothing I could find and laid out in the snow removing my springs.  Then I
drove 20 miles to where the donor car was located.  I again laid out in snow
and swapped the springs on that car with mine.  Then I drove back home and
refit the springs on my car.  I think that was the coldest day I ever spent!

Obviously, I was MUCH younger, poorer, and more foolish, then!!!

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Mi.