Re: [FWDLK] Molding DeSoto Chevrons and a request for help/info

Re: [FWDLK] Molding DeSoto Chevrons and a request for help/info

Ron,

Re your request for info about vacuum metallizing, please
note that normal vacuum metallizing is not very good for
exterior parts due to its softness and limited durability to
weathering but if the chevrons are vacuum metallized then it
would be a good idea to suggest using them only for shows
since I assume you are planning to cast them in either
urethane or some other casting plastic. If you want the
added durability for exterior use then a clear top coat is
required. You might instead consider harder tooling and
casting them in aluminum or zinc with conventional plating
processes.

Brian