From: Greg Leggatt
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: Details

Hi Wayne,
All olive green bars were NORS replacements. All original bars were gloss black and the easiest way to tell an original bar is that on the back end the entire part # is embossed i.e.: 1635950. Replacement bars are abreviated to the last 3 digits only i.e.: 950.
Standard "Imperial" bars had blue paint daubs.
1635948/9 = light Ply bars - don't know the daub color
950/1         = red     Dodge / Ply
952/3         = white   Dodge / Ply
956/7         = Tan I think   Fury & Dodge D501.

My resto / part out count is close to 60 cars! Go ahead and pass this info on to the group if you want.
Greg.

*************************

Wayne Graefen wrote:

Hi Greg,

Over in the Forwardlook e-mail group (similar to 300) there has
been a discussion going on about the factory color of torsion
bars on '57-58 Dodge and Plymouth.

I had offered up that the DeSoto and Chrysler bars those years
were all gloss black with the white or yellow brush mark.
But I've been very surprised by all the respondents claiming the
originals in their Ddg/Ply are pale green.

Would like your experienced comments on this.  How many of those
cars have you now disassembled/restored?

Wayne Graefen