Re: [FWDLK] A little help on paint...Removing Runs

Re: [FWDLK] A little help on paint...Removing Runs

Hey Don,
I have seen some pretty acceptable (for the money) paint jobs from Earl the
Pearl. A couple of hundred bucks can turn a real dog into a presentable car.
Not unlike woman, a little paint can hide a lot of sin.

Anyway the point of the message is to pass on a little tip that I learned to
get rid of runs in paint. This usually works between coats but you might be
able to eliminate the run and re-paint just that section.

First take whipped cream, handcuffs and a blindfold ...... sorry wrong post.
Take a razor blade and some masking tape.  You want to use the masking tape
to tape off the sharp edge of the blade leaving about 1/4 inch of the center
of the blade exposed. Hold the blade at 90 degrees to the run and scrape in
the direction of the run. Each pass will shave a little paint off. The
masking tape protects the paint on either side of the run so that just the
high spot of excess paint is removed.
HOpe this helps.
Scott