[FWDLK] Daytona Hyper Pak Valiants

In 1960, Plymouth Valiant sedans took the first 7 positions in the first
Daytona Compact car race and 1 2 3 in the second.

Then in 1961, the series now called Cannonball Division (still compact races
named after a former nascar commissioner) Daytona road course event was won
by Lee Petty in a Hyper Pak 170ci slant six Valiant. His average speed of
83.564 mph was less than 1 mph slower that of the Porsche that had won the
sports car race earlier that week.

this info and more in the Slant 6 News    no. 51  March/Spring 1993

I will be entering my 64 Valiant in the Grassroots Motorsprots Magazine
$1500 challenge
this will take place  the last weekend of this month around Daytona

the car will have a 318 S engine from a diplomat cop car (360 heads and
spreadbore intake)
8.75  3.55  (dont have a suregrip but would trade a 3.23 and 3.55 open for
one)
big block torsion bars and 6 leaf rear springs
front and rear swaybars and single piston disk brakes

Jason Ernst
65 Barracuda
61 Dodge Dart Seneca

http://www.grmotorsports.com/