[FWDLK] 59 Torqueflite problem

I've a problem with a 59 Torqueflite (Dodge): I've completly overhauled it (it's
 the 5 th
Torqueflite I do) because the clutches were worn (no R and no upshift in 3rd:
 rear
clutches !). After this job I installed the transmission in the car and
 refilled. All was
OK: the transmission ran well and the car also. 1 or 2 miles after, problem: the
 trans.
doesn't downshift and remain in 3rd. Stopped the engine, then restart (after
 checking the
cable) with difficulty. Stopped the car at my house and, after a while,
 impossible to go
ahead or reverse: the buttons has no effect and there was no drag of the car !
 Seem like
if the engine was free wheeling ! Check oil level , correct. Check adjustement
 of cable:
correct. Check the regulator valve, not stuck. Check the converter: full of oil.
 Strange!
With or without the engine running (in N or any other positions), the oil level
 trans. is
at the same position (above F mark)... I drain the converter (4 quarts) and
 expect that
the oil level decrease as the oil filled the converter with engine running. No !
 Converter
remains empty and the oil level is at the same position !! I suspect several
 troubles as
it seems that there's no pressure in the trans.:
- Front pump : not driven ? defective ?
- Converter doesn't drive the front oil pump drive sleeve.
- broken front oil pump drive sleeve
The oil strainer is clean and ther's no air leakage (the oil level is above the
 valve
body).
I'm sure I must remove the trans. from car and disassembled the front pump but
 do you have
other advises or explanations about this problem ?
Thanks,

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible