[FWDLK] Garbage gas:

Hello all, Ben's letter is just a reminder that plastic fuel filters should
be avoided.  I never would use them anyway, even before this "garbage gas"
was forced upon us.  One other thing about this stuff we should be aware of
is it's expansion characteristics.  NEVER fill your tank and then park it
in a warm place (such as your heated garage in winter - or just "in the
sun"  anytime), you will find out just how much this crap expands when
warmed up - remember that the gas in the inground tanks is pretty cold
whatever the season.                      These things along with some
deadly drivability characteristics should be brought to the attention of
someone who can do something about it.  But I imagine the small number of
cars that suffer from this stuff precludes any really serious "action"
being taken.
Regards,
DaveG.