Re: [FWDLK] What Is MTBE?

10-10-99

Dear Rog & Jan,

        MTBE is, Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether. Methyl being a component of Wood
Alcohol, Tertiary Butyl being another vile chemical, and Ether, a quick,
hot burning compound, often found in Starting Fluid. So, as I know it,
there's what MTBE is, and where it's found, is in our motor
fuels, and despite the claims, it is not a panacea for cleaner air. MTBE
is an insidious poison though, capable of causing untold vehicle, and
environmental damage.

                                Ben Deutschman