[FWDLK] tricky trouble-shoot

Hi all.  Here's one that caught me twice. The engine has a bad miss at
idle. I check the cylinders by grounding at the dist. cap. HALF my
cylinders are dead !!!  One could spend $ on new plugs, wires, ... or
even more on a shop to check it.  Alas-- years gone by someone replaced
the carb and the mounting surface of the intake manifold is very narrow
-- the carb bottom has grooves and ports -- there was a slight gap !!
Easy to miss !!  A close look at the gasket shows the 2 mounting
surfaces just missed in one spot !! An EZ fix would be a carb plate
between them.  Rich
 ps- we're having another hurricane here in Fla. !!