[FWDLK] decals and stickers

Hi everyone,
        Decals and mylar stickers can be reproduced for your own use if you
have a good sample to copy. I restore old Tonka trucks from the 50's and
60's, and I have mylar decals/stickers made at a screen printers close
by.  I'm sure that if you check around nearer to larger cities, you can
find someone to make decals just like you need. I usually have to pay
$35.00 to $50 for each color/screen set-up on the decals. This will
include printing of a standard base run, about 30 -100 decals.  Of
course the size of the decal is a limiting factor for price and amount
of base run, as is color choice, custom colors add to the cost as well.
I don't believe there are any decals large enough on any fin cars that
would change the price.
        If someone were to have a clear copy of some labels or decals used on
forward look cars, I would be willing to have some made. As long as a
person doesn't sell these for profit, no one should complain.  It usally
takes around 6 - 8 weeks to have these done, as the guy here waits to
sneak them in between his larger orders.
        Each screen can include more than one decal, as long as they are to be
the same color in the end. Then it is just a matter of cutting them in
to the individual decals. I haven't had any water soluble decals made,
as he did not have that type of paper stock on hand. (most all newer
applications call for mylar) Are the decals on our fin cars water
soluble type or are they stickers? I haven't looked yet.
Have a good one,   John in WI