[FWDLK] EFI

I did some checking in my records as I taught Fuels and Electronics
including EFI for several years. This is what I found.
In 1968 Bosch developed it's own electronic fuel injection under the
Bendix patents. This system was very similar to the Bendix system that
Chrysler used in 58. It was available on Type 3 VW (1600) in 68. The
newer 73/74 systems are different. In 73 Cadillac used a version of the
Bendix sytem through to, I believe, 75. I have worked on these and know
where two of them are as we speak. They actually didn't work that bad
and gave only a few specific problems. The main difference with them is
they were triggered from an electronic distributor rather than a point
type but from what I know about electronics I doubt if that required
much change if any. I suspect the systems would be similar except the
Cadillac would be more reliable simply because of the improvements in
electronics that took place in the intervening years.Bosch eventually
purchased the rights to the Electro-jector from Bendix and now controls
EFI production to some extent world wide.
Thus endeth the lesson.
Don