[FWDLK] 58 EFI Regal Lancer

Thank you to everybody who took the time to respond to my request for
information. Since the overwhelming response from the group was to
purchase the car and either install a carburetor and/or worry about
finding the parts later my wife and I decided to purchase it. Hopefully
it will become her daily driver someday. Some people asked how I found
the car. My job requires me to travel 3 to 6 days a week all over the
world. I spend much of my free time searching for '58 Dodges and
Chryslers, my co-workers know how interested I am in these cars, many of
them keep an eye out wherever they go. Usually these "hot-tips" end up
being almost anything but forward look cars. In August a co-worker said
he saw a gold and black hardtop that looks just like the car I drive to
work everyday, when he was on a trip. I wasn't to sure what to make of
it so I took the directions he gave me and didn't follow up on it
because he had no phone number. Last week he and I happened to be
traveling back to New England together and he asked me if I wanted to
drive by the place. I said sure and we drove buy the place. I would have
never seen the car but he has eagle eyes and is always looking for old
Harley Davidsons' lying around. Well we stopped and I couldn't believe
my eyes it was a Regal Lancer. I am fairly well versed on '58 Dodges and
knew it was fairly rare. I was surprised to see the EFI and was not sure
it was original. (I still don't know if it is original but it appears it
might be.) I had never seen one and did not see any emblems to the
effect. There are two holes halfway up the car on each side behind the
front wheel well where an emblem may have been mounted but, they may
have been for another emblem or reason. The owner said the car had been
sitting there since before he bought the property in 1980, it is sitting
next to a late 60's Caddy in a gulch next to a creek on the edge of his
property on a small rural route, pathetically rusting away amongst the
weeds. He was more than happy to get rid of it, he did not think it had
any value except as scrap. It will be a challenge to remove I will
probably have to have a wrecker winch it a couple hundred feet up to
where I can load it on to a flatbed or trailer. It has no title so that
will be another challenge.  The car is Copper and Black, it looks like
the interior was also copper colored at one time, now it is the color of
rotten leaves and dirt. Later this winter or next spring when I get it
out of there I will try posting some pictures. Thanks again to all the
people who responded, your insight is priceless.

Dan