Re: [FWDLK] "Finless Cousins"

I started this thread not to infer that those great '62-'64 Mopars should
become included in this list, but rather we need to understand the
relationship these cars have to ours.  Those '62-'64 Dodge Custom 880's are
nearly identical to the '60-'61 Models.  And the '62 Chrysler is a '61 with
the fins shaved off.  And what about the '62-'63 Imperials?

It may not be important that these cars be a part of this list, but
questions and car finds for these cars are important.  We will all learn
from those comments.  I have already learned that the '63-'64 Chryslers are
heavily related to the earlier cars from this thread.  I understood them to
be all new models.  If parts come available off one of these cars that fits
a finned older car, we all want to know.  I was amazed when I saw this great
'64 Custom 880 2dr HT in a salvage yard (since crushed), and the windshield
was identical to my '60 DeSoto.  We need to know the connections and history
to keep this hobby going.  Life is all about learning.  Many of us can't get
enough and are members of the Imperial List and the '62-'65 List.  I tried
the Mopar Mailing List for a while, but that was just WAY too much (for
me)!!!

Dave, you have created THE best list on the web, and I thank you.

Now, I own a DeSoto and a Datsun, so I am going to start the "Failed Makes
That Start With 'D' Mailing List"  I want suggestions on how to shoehorn a
hemi into my Maxima! (j/k)  By the way, Deloreans and Duesenbergs are
welcome.  -Robert