[FWDLK] Polarity for 1959 Plymouth

Hi guys!!

I just installed a new voltage regulator and generator brushes.  Every reference
 I have found tells me to polarize between the GEN and BAT at the regulator.
 All my new regulator has is BAT, FLD, and ARM.  I tried between BAT and FLD
 which works for the time I drive it(and causes a horrendous spark), but when I
 turn the key to off the AMP light reappears.  I am sure you guys will know just
 what I am doing wrong.  The instructions in both the shop manual and my
 Chilton's for that year are assuming that I know more than I do.
---
William Keathley
1408 Comfort St.
Cedar Park, TX 78613