[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] 1958 350 cid mopars

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Dooley [mailto:eeyore@NETINS.NET]
Sent: Wednesday, 10 November 1999 22:19
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@LISTS.PSU.EDU
Subject: [FWDLK] 1958 350 cid mopars

does anyone know if the 1958 350 cid engine has make & model designation in
the engine numbers ? I have a 350 which is stamped L-350. How do I figure
out if it came out of a Dodge , Plymouth , Etc ?
Jim Dooley
57-8 Fury"s
57-8 Plaza's , Belvedere's
34 Dodge Trucks

From a 1959 copy of Chiltons:

Dodge Super Red Ram, 1 rocker shaft,1958     Starting engine number
L350-1001
DeSoto Firesweep,1 rocker shaft,1958         Starting engine number
L350-1001
Plymouth 350 cubic inch Commando V8          Engine prefix
LPZ-O

Looks like you have a 350 Dodge or DeSoto, Jim!