Re: [FWDLK] Why we do what we do ?

First off, like has been said before, a person can do with their property as
they wish. I got no problem with customs, except if they start with a very rare
or extremely cherry original car, I just got to shake my head. For every
quality custom, there are 100's of mangled cars done with poor taste and
workmanship. Even the custom folks don't like those. As far as good old Walter
P goes, if anyone was allowed to customize a Chrysler anyway they wanted, it
was him. And if a custom was done to the same quality of LeBaron or Derham
standards, I doubt anyone would complain either. If you are going to cut the
car completely to pieces, how much more work is it to start with a common 4
door sedan or a car in detiorated condition?
I just don't like to see anything original or irreplaceable modified to the
state where it can't be returned back to original.. They can only be original
once. I even plan to build a custom myself one day, but I guarantee any car I
use for this would be one that no one would consider for restoration. I know
where there is a very detiorated 51 Plymouth 2 door, along with my parts car 51
4 door, I may have enough there to make something with. But if I find that rare
Fury or Imperial convertible sitting in someone's basement that is cherry, I
guarantee you I won't take the torch to it, except for repair. That's just my
opinion, for whatever it's worth. I just hope as I write this, there is not
some poor Forward Look car sitting in a garage with a guy with a torch in his
hand, and a chevy small block pulled out of a chevelle 4 door setting behind
him ready to go in. May Christine visit them and show them the error of their
ways! lol