[FWDLK] Fin-tastic news!!

Hi All,
    I just had to drop a note and share some good news.
    I went to Grand Rapids to see list member David Van Houten last Saturday,
and am the proud new owner of a 1960  Fury!
    David's parts car is the "project car" that I've been searching for the
last year or so.  While the car has essentially been stripped of most of the
valuable parts, and the lower portions are quite rusty (or gone), this is the
perfect basis for my ultimate driver.
    I won't be able to do much with the old girl over the winter, as I have
(too) many projects going already.  I hope to start in the spring, with the
intention of at least getting a little road time (probably in primer) by this
time next year.  I plan on 4 wheel disc brakes, comfy seats, radials, air,
stereo, cruise, tilt... the sky's the limit.  It may end up being more of a
late model car with a very stylish body!
    Anyway, I have just been bursting with the good news, and had to share it
with some folks who might be interested (nobody here at Buick is terribly
interested).  Many, many thanks to David for making this possible (and for
all but DONATING the car!)
    I look forward to pestering you all with questions and requests for
parts... I'll be needing some Fury trim and a "sport tire cover" - I assume
this is the preferred verbiage to "toilet seat"!  Rusty, dull, and bent are
my favorite colors.... let me know what you have!
    I've got a web page giving me fits right now.... once it's working you
can see it at:

http://members.aol.com/sc68cuda/1960fury.htm

    Give me a day or two.

    My 8 year old daughter said it best as we rolled up to David's house...
"Dad, cool!  It's got fin-ders!!"
    Well said, sweetheart.

More Later,
Steve Charette
1960 Plymouth Fury 2 dr Hardtop
1964 Chrysler New Yorker Town and Country
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1968 Dodge Crew Cab soon-to-be-dually
1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 dr Hardtop

1964 Chrysler 300K (For Sale - Rough but complete)
1968 Dodge D200 parts truck (going, going....)