Re: [FWDLK] e-Bay Bidding

I have developed the following bidding method for getting items I REALLY want on eBay:

1. Make an initial, minimal bid when I find the object.  This allows me to find and track it using eBay's "Items I am Bidding On." feature.
2.  Make a note of the EXACT time the auction ends.
3.  Wait until a FEW MINUTES before the auction ends.  This can mean getting up at 3 a.m. - if the item is desireable, someone else will be willing to lose sleep.
4.  Check the item - if the price isn't beyond what you are willing to pay, make your HIGHEST bid with just over ONE MINUTE left in the bidding.
5.  Do not bid round numbers - always add odd dollar and fifty cents.  (51.50 instead of 50)
6.  Immediately refresh the screen and check to see if you are high bidder.  You can get a final bid in with less than 20 seconds showing.

This process doesn't guarantee a win, but I have been successful most of the time.

Bob Stein
59 Dodge Coronet