[FWDLK] Paint Question

Hi All -

A question about paint.  My excellent body shop insists on doing
base/clear (2 stage) paint jobs.  When asked about single stage enamel, they
said they would not do it because it does not have the durability of the
more modern paint.  Is it possible to make a base/clear paint job look like
the baked super enamel paint jobs that our FL cars originally had ?

Ron