[FWDLK] sample Car Life contents

For those not Familiar with Car life, which finally folded in about 1975 I
think, after publishing since about 1955, it was more of an enthusiasts
magazine than say Motor trend yet still covered new cars and did road tests.
I almost think of it as the Road and Track of car mags of the day.  It was
not filled with the hype and journalistic writing we see today in C & D, R &
T, Automobile, etc.

Here is a summary of a couple of the issues FYI---

CAR LIFE MAGAZINE, AUGUST 1970
Cover excellent, very minor wear
Interior and pages likewise
ROAD TESTS---  Best of Corvettes, the LT-1
Chrysler 300-H-2

FEATURES---
The Letter car remembered (Chrysler 300)

TECHNICAL ARTICLES---
Pinto 122ci German Built 4 forthcoming
Z-28 with slalom modifications (Project Slalom)
Emission kit for older cars
Holly 350 and 500 cfm  2 barrel carb comparisons,
    tested for hp, mileage, and throttle response

AND  many more articles including-
Parnelli Jones and his Mustang at Lime Rock
Road test comparator chart-test summarys

CAR LIFE MAGAZINE, DECEMBER 1962
Cover excellent, very minor wear
Interior and pages likewise

ROAD TESTS---  300 hp 327 Corvette
Avanti
Valiant V-100 2 dr w/ 170 engine
Ford Falcon Futura 260 V8

FEATURES---
1962 annual index
Bonneville 1962
National Drags 1962

TECHNICAL ARTICLES---
Buick big V-8 analysis
Fundamentals of Performance-Maximum Speed principles
Tuning the corvair

AND  many more articles including
34 Franklin V 12 classic photo article