[FWDLK] Report: DaimlerChrysler Plans Bank

[FWDLK] Report: DaimlerChrysler Plans Bank

This Excite News Article (http://news.excite.com/news/ap/000122/08/germany-daimlerchrysler-bank)
has been sent to you from msersen@xxxxxxxxx

Message from sender:
What won't they get into?

News Article: Report: DaimlerChrysler Plans Bank

BERLIN (AP) - The German-American automaker DaimlerChrysler is
planning to get into the banking business, according to a newspaper
report.

Klaus Mangold, who heads the company's financial services
subsidiary Debis, told the Welt am Sonntag newspaper in an
interview to be published Sunday that there are plans in the works
for a bank, but declined to reveal any details.

Mangold said the company was also planning to branch out soon
into the life insurance business.

"Our experience in the United States shows that as financial
services providers we can sell not only car insurance, but also
home and life insurance," he said.

Debis also plans to offer car financing over the Internet within
the next two months, allowing customers to receive a response to
their credit applications within 15 minutes.