[FWDLK] Rust

Ive read all the Rust thoughts and wonder if the cars were washed under
the fenders with the hose spraying towards the head lite buckets and
getting to those areas of trouble if that would have helped save the
metal.  When I wash my daily driver vehicles, I go under the fenders and
wash out behind the bumpers and any where I can get the hose.  Were the
owners as fussy then as we are today about cleaning our cars?
Just my $.02 worth.
Jack 55 Plymouth Belvedere 2 Dr Cl Cp
     49 Chrysler Windsor 2 Dr Cl Cp
     56 Dodge 4 Door
     96 Chrysler LHS
     23 Buick Light Delivery Truck Engine, Radiator and Cowel
              (not all there)  (The truck not me)