[FWDLK] French and Facel Vega

Hello,French are not nasty to Americans alone,its there attitude,but not all
French are like that,we have a french member on the list who loves America
and there cars.I even believe he owns a Facel Vega.

Abouth Facel Vega,just outside Paris the factory built bodies for
Panhard,Simca and Ford.
In 1954 ,de director Jean Daninos decided to build  there own cars.
Its was going to be the Facel Vega and was build with high quality material.
He decided to use mechanichal parts from Detroit because he saw the American
market as the biggest consuming market,and at second he was convinced in the
reliability of american parts.
The Facel vega's were not real sportscars but belonged to be the most
beautyfull and fastes cars at that time in Europe.
De cars where build on a tube chassis and the first cars where equipped with
4.5 liter engines from DESOTO.
Other followed,that where Chrysler motors.

1954   4524cc    180PK/4400tm
1955   4768cc    203PK/4400tm
       5407cc    250PK/4600tm
1956   4940cc    253PK/4600tm
1958   5907cc    360PK/5200tm

most of the cars where build as 2+2,there was also a 4doors version,called
de Excellence,from 1958 to 1963 only 152 where build.

Other Facel Vega's build : FV production years 1954/1957
                           FV1 only 46 sold,FV2 only 103 sold,FV3 205 sold.

 Chryser  engine           HK500    Years  1958/1961   548 sold

 Chrysler engine           Facell II       1961/1964   148 sold

 With French motor         Facellia        1959/1962   1258 sold

 With Volvo motor          Facel III       1963/1964    402 sold

 With Austin Healey motor  Facel 6         1963/1964     42 sold

In 1964 Facel Vega went bankrupt,the end of a very nice car and Jean Daninos
dream.

 I would like to know ,I am planning a visit to Spring Carlisle,anyone else
going or is there any Forward Look stand where I can meet some of you guys.
Email me personally ,if some goes,I wont be there next year!
Greetings to you all, Dirk Brandwijk ,Plymouth Belvedere 1955