[FWDLK] Fun with electricity

I have a bunch of electrical questions related to a '55 Savoy:

1)  My car has no flasher.  I am about to install one.  I am told that the
flasher mounts on a bracket about halfway up the steering column, near where
the wires exit.  I see the rectangular hole where the wires come out; but no
screw hole for mounting a bracket, no clue as to where the thing went
originally.  Hints?

2) Where would I look for the switch that turns on the backup lights?  I
would have guessed the transmission, but a cursory inspection doesn't reveal
one, and my shop manual doesn't indicate it.  Is it elsewhere on the
linkage?  Specific details on pinpointing the location would be helpful.
(As an aside, only one of the backup lens brackets has a hole drilled out
for a backup light.  The other is filled!  A replacement part from a car
without backup lights, perhaps?)

3) Where on the (flathead 6) cylinder head would I expect to find the
temperature sending unit?  What color and gauge wire is used?  I don't see
this in any of the scattered wiring charts in the shop manual...

4) My front park/turn lights consist of  empty bulb sockets in  (what I
guess are) neoprene, rectangular housings.  Besides the bulbs (!), what am I
missing?  Is there trim that snaps over this assembly, and keeps the lens in
place?  Where could I get these parts?  How is the housing mounted to the
fender?  Finally, if I find that the sockets need to be replaced (they're
odd - a wire comes off the socket and grounds it to the body), where could I
get those?

        adTHANKSvance,
        Dan
        '55 Savoy