[FWDLK] Brake Shoes

Hello all,
I'm about to get the brake shoes relined on my '58 Savoy, but before I do I need the original spec of the lining material, both type of material and width/thickness. Type probably isn't as vital as the dimensions, so if anyone out there has the specs, please let me know. Also on the subject of brakes, I've just been given a servo - just got it at 11pm last night so have'nt even had a chance to check which one it is. Can I use a non-servo master cylinder or not? Also, I got a can with the servo which I assume is a vacuum canister of some sort - does this sound right?
Thanks in advance,
Anthony Knight