Re: [FWDLK] 55 Desoto Transmission Problem?

Re: [FWDLK] 55 Desoto Transmission Problem?

Sound like converter, John.  If you can get it on the road and drive it, once
the fluid gets to operating temp. and circulates for awhile, it may free up.
All those years sitting may have allowed some light rust from condensation to
form or sticky varnish on the bushings. Maybe a can of that thin trans fluid
additive would help too.  Be very careful as stopping could be a problem.  Be
ready to shift into neutral at all times.  Assuming that it worked fine before
it sat, there shouldn't be any direct mechanical problems and with any luck at
all it will fix itself.
Gary