[FWDLK] removing trim

I'm removing some more trim parts to remove dents and polish etc. and have run across a part that seems to be attached with adhesive, but I'm unsure about this. Does any body remember removing the stainless trim piece that runs the length of the drip rail over the windows and along the roof line? It's a thin (aprox. 1/2") wide part that looks to be crimped on and seems to have some adhesive oozing out from beneath. I am hesitant to start prying it off since it is so fragile. What's the story? Will it just pop off or is it glued in place? It's on a 1960 Dodge.
Deane