[FWDLK] 58 Plymouth Brakes

Greetings 4ward lookers;

     I use my 58 Plymouth Belvedere 2 Dr. as a daily driver during the
summer months.  I have had the car for about 10 years now and have never
done a thing with my brakes, but now the time has come.  What size are the
drums and shoes on these cars.  I am not sure how to measure that type of
drum as it is different.  I have never really paid attention to other brake
questions on this list as I never had a reason too.  Also, does the peg that
sticks through the rim also hold the drum on the axle or what?  I walk to
work in the winter months and now I am getting a little antsy pantsy to
drive again now that the snow and salt has flowed into the rivers to pollute
our oceans.

Thanks in advance.........

Mike R.