[FWDLK] D500 Fans Lose Top Driver

Greetings, Most of you have probably heard that Lee Petty passed away
yesterday. I took my D500 out for a drive and thought that by keeping a D500
on the road maybe it will inspire a few racing fans to explore the early days
of stock car racing-when race cars were stock cars and some forward looking
models were very potent. Losing some of the early racers will take its toll
on the history of these cars. NASCAR has helped a lot by growing so large in
the past decade. I particularly liked the resent interviews on ESPN of Frank
Mundy and Tim Flock (Flock passed away shortly after his interview), but as
is apt to happen growing interest in the older stuff may be to late to
capture many of the views and stories of those days. Well even if I never
knew him I feel a little connection with Lee Petty just by cruising around in
a 56 D500, and he will be missed. Tim