[FWDLK] Spindles

I seem to be having some trouble removing the front spindles from my '61
Newport (I'm trying to find spindles from a disc brake car to put on it,
as well as the disc brakes). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I
can get them off? They seem to be attached at the ball joints but I can't
see how.
~Dave