Re: [FWDLK] pulling motor

anyhoo when I pulled the 277 from my 56 wagon-
had radiator only out, nicer if hood is removed too but U can do it without...
get some 3/16 plate or angle stock, use headbolts to pull.  One plate at each
end of head.
What the )(@#*$)(*()@# is a GOOD crossbeam????????  Has your enginering major
buddy  done a calculation????   For the $25 better get the cherry picker, U
will need it to maneuver and move the engine here and there and into the
pickup.
use some of those old stub treated 4 x 6 or 6 x 6's U have saved and use as
safety chocks when U work on your car.  You can Jerry Rig up a cradle get
some 60 penny spikes or ring shank nails to do this, or big lag bolts. Simply
make a saddle to cradle the engine.  In the pickup, use old tires to cradle
it and buffer it, it can sorta lay on its side if U wish
Soak manifold boltz for 4 or 5 days with mineral spirits.  Its possible to go
to a mega store or art supply store and get some kids clay, make dams around
those bolts to try to keep em wet, or just wet em like 4x daily.  Try the
bolts and if no go then U may wanna try heat.  If U have welder sometimes
using an arc from the wender to the bolt (nut? ) will do it....
Enjoy
The key words are Preparation and Patience.
Rotsa Ruck-

Lars