[FWDLK] Technical question about dual quads

[FWDLK] Technical question about dual quads

Hello Forward Lookers,

I have run out of options in trying to start my 56 Fury with a 303 engine. This is what I have done so far.

Engine has been rebuilt.
Installed a dual quad setup.
The WCFB carbs are professionally rebuilt. These are the same carbs on the 57 Fury.
Intake and exhaust valves were set COLD.  I plan to regap them once warmed up.
Timing is set at TDC.  I used a timing light to verify.
Used a compression tester to insure we are on the compression stroke when firing and that the distributor is not 180 degrees out.
New coil, I have great spark
New wires and each spark plug wire fires.  Verified with the timing light on each wire.
Dual point distributor is gapped correctly
New spark plugs, Autolite 86
Engine turns over easily.

The car wants to start but doesn't.  I get about one second of combustion.  I have crank it so much I have gas from the tank to the front now.  These were brand new lines on a ground up restoration.  I have flooded it and change spark plugs to a dry set.  It tries to start but floods out again.  I have turn the idle mixture down.  I have waited overnight till the next day so everyting is dry and the same thing happens.  I have taken the carbs off and emptied all the gas out of them and it still quickly fills up with gas.  I have used starting fluid with the same result.  I though that the floats were sticking andtook the top ofthe carbs off.  They weren't. I tried plugging the vacuum line to the distributor. In theory it should start easily but it doesn't.  Anybody with any advice?

ED