Re: [FWDLK] Engines Dies, Restarts after 20 minutes

Re: [FWDLK] Engines Dies, Restarts after 20 minutes

Dick

Try removing the gas cap, you may have a vacuum lock and check the
fuel filter it may be plugged. Also check all the rubber hose sections
in the fuel lines, they sometimes deteriorate on the inside and a
piece of rubber can act like a check valve or restriction. I have
experienced all of these in the past and they will cause the engine to
quit and then restart after some time. One other possibility is the
suction screen in the gas tank.

Dieter

>Karl Peterson wrote: "No rough idle, no pre-indications that
>something is wrong.....it just dies, instantly and will not restart
(but
>will turn over fine) for about 15-20 minutes, then it fires right up
>like nothing had ever happened."
>
>I'm no mechanic but a similar thing happened with my 61 Coupe deVille
on
>its first few trips. The manager at NAPA overheard my mention of this
>car dying on the road, and suggested changing the coil, and that
fixed
>it for good.
>
>But, on my 58 Packard Coupe, we glided to a silent halt on the way
back
>from its first cruise night after an engine rebuild and couldn't even
>get it to turn over. Another cruiser, with an extremely hopped up
Dart,
>stopped to help.  He discovered the ground wire inside the
distributor